Thursday, March 13, 2014


Couple of beers & a banana muffin!  - Brene Brown
So today was crunch time! It was D-day for our case presentations as well as my presentation on special needs education J I have the tendency to really lose myself in things that I am passionate about. My case study client was one of them. During the transdiciplinary presentation about our case client, I noticed how many goals we were able to meet! For the first time in my OT carrier, we did not have to ‘estimate’ aims but we could actually witness the aims unfolding which resulted in change of the client! I had a great group that I worked together!  They were so determined to find out more about what we do which made it an absolute pleasure to work together with them J

In the OT tutorial, which was run after the case presentations, our supervisor showed us a TED talk which was all about what ‘being vulnerable’ means and entails. When we reflected on the clip together, we came to the conclusion that many are under the impression that vulnerability or being vulnerable is a sign of weakness, which it is absolutely not. When we want to cover up our vulnerability, all we do is try to run away from our emotions which might be a quick fix but it will never last. Covering up our vulnerability, robs us of our joy and happiness and can therefore make us pretty miserable.  We need to understand that we are living in a vulnerable world. Every move we make is a vulnerable one but  we need to make them in order to move forward and start embracing life with all our being...easier said than done, I know! Being vulnerable is showing your true colours which I dare you to try! :)    



1 comment: